Risk & Compliance Solicitor - Newport Outskirts
This is a brand-new opportunity for a Risk and Compliance Solicitor 3 + PQE to join an established team within a Legal 500 firm in Cardiff.
This is a no-fee earning role with limited client contact.
You will be able to benefit yourself of basic admin support from within the team to assist you in managing claims and complaints made against the firm.
This business has strong growth plans and as a result are looking for an independent individual to work in a standalone capacity with the option for flexi working.
This role will see you:
- Act as point of contact for external solicitors where they are appointed on claims
- Progress matters in line with strategies agreed with the Head of Risk and Compliance
- Manage internal records of complaints and claims and analyse the data for trends, lessons learnt and corrective action
- Provide training across the firm, to include induction training for new joiners and additional training firm-wide as required as a result of any identified issues/training needs
- Ensure Standard Operating Procedures remain current and implement revisions as necessary
- Assist the Head of Risk and Compliance with additional reporting, analysis, advice, project work and other ad hoc responsibilities as required
- Support the work to achieve annual accreditation against the Law Society's legal practice quality mark, Lexcel
You will need to keep abreast of any changes and developments in relevant regulations and accreditation processes and we will look to you to identify improvements in our auditing processes and advise us accordingly.
There will be times when you may need to raise issues directly with the partners, lawyers and other staff involved. You will need confidence, tact and perseverance to achieve your goals.
As part of a relatively small team, you may also need to assist others or work on additional tasks in line with the overall responsibilities of the Risk Management and Compliance function.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a Compliance Solicitor to join a developing law firm.
If this sounds like an opportunity you can't miss, please apply to this advert or contact Rachel Phillips at the TSR Legal team for a confidential discussion...... click apply for full job details