Salary: + excellent Benefits + car mileage
OB TITILE:LITIGATION ASSISTANT
SALARY:£18,000 - £19,000
HOURS OF EMPLOYMENT:9am-5pm Monday to Friday
+ Excellent benefits
Do you commute to work at a distance and now looking to work closer to home?
Our client is currently seeking a Legal Secretary or a Legal Administrator preferably with experience in Commercial Litigation (not essential). We would also consider the experience in other sectors. This is a proactive role and is an excellent opportunity to join an established team based in Lancashire. You will be working closely with the lawyers and clients and provide support to the team and due to the current climate, this role will be 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home.
Main Duties & Responsibilities for the Litigation Administrator role:
Your duties would include:
· Preparation of court applications, witness statements, instruction to counsel etc.
· Responsible for document creation
· Preparing court bundles
· Billing for management
· Diary management
· Typing and amending documents
· Extensive client liaison - dealing with queries
· Arranging conferences, meetings and dealing with third parties
· Excellent knowledge of the Procedure Rules and court forms.
· Confidently produce legal documents and correspondence as provided by Solicitors
· Experience of working with cases involving commercial litigation.
· Liaising with and communicate at senior levels.
· Proof reading documentation
· Ability to work under pressure.
· Excellent administrative skills.
· Preparing Bills
· Excellent telephone manner and ability to build a good rapport with clients, Counsel and other contacts
· Updating portals on matters.
Person Specification required for the Litigation Administrator role:
· Previous experience as a Legal Secretary or Legal Assistant/Admin, preferably within Litigation, Commercial or Corporate disputes, other sectors will be considered
· Proven ability to act on instructions
· Typing and communication skills, along with having good IT skills.
· Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop a good rapport with work colleagues
· Team player able to fit into a friendly but busy team and undertake work for all the members of the team when required
· Attention to detail
· Proven ability to meet deadlines
· Excellent organisational ability with a friendly but professional attitude.
· Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
· Ability to respect confidentiality of work carried out by the Lawyers
CAN COMMUTE FROM - Preston, Lancashire, Southport, Merseyside, Wigan, Blackburn, Bolton, Blackpool, Lytham St Anne's, Chorley, Burnley, Accrington, Nelson. Clitheroe,
KEYWORDS: Legal Assistant, Legal Secretary, Legal Admin, Litigation, Conveyancing, Property, Legal, Private Client, Commercial Litigation, Civil Litigation, Personal Injury, Criminal, Corporate, Employment, Insolvency, Intellectual Property, Construction
Maze Recruitment is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age...... click apply for full job details