Salary: Market rate
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Senior Paralegal/Supervisor into our Fast Track team within our Liverpool office
As an experienced Senior Paralegal/Supervisor you will have responsibility for and progress a Motor Insurance Fast Track litigated defendant caseload to an effective and satisfactory conclusion for clients, ensuring high levels of service delivery, both internally and externally, whilst maintaining management information under the terms of the client service level agreement. At this level of role you will possess a higher level of technical knowledge, competence and experience to run a more complex, higher value Fast Track caseload efficiently. You will be seen as subject matter expert in your field who leads by best practice and assists in bringing on others within the team.
You will be learning from industry leading experts in a friendly and committed working environment and get involved in a variety of tasks such as:
- To proactively manage & progress a complex litigated caseload of Motor Defendant Fast Track Insurance cases to conclusion in line with CPR rules and procedures.
- Supervise the caseloads and supervise a team of 4/5 Paralegals
- To appropriately apply the specific technical principles needed to drive the proactive settlement of the case whilst adding value for the client.
- To understand and apply appropriate knowledge in relation to JC guidelines to drive the proactive settlement of the case whilst adding value for the client.
- To have extensive knowledge of liability principles to be able to apply them appropriately to the case.
- To identify any cases which may require further investigation surrounding Fraud indicators.
- Research solutions to problems/issues on cases to develop your own technical knowledge.
- Have knowledge of and work cases in line with all client SLA's for the files within your responsibility.
- Proactive use of case management systems to improve speed of settlement and adding value to the cases, whilst adhering to client requirements.
- Prioritise and organise your work efficiently and effectively to ensure all tasks are completed to specified deadlines.
- Achieve a high standard of financial and overall file performance as identified through KPI's on the Motor Dashboard applying a best practice approach to your file handling.
- Awareness of relevant client strategies and ensure implementation of these on cases.
- Proficient of the Objective Manager system including a full suite of objectives that align to the overall team, PA & PG strategies.
- Work with the wider team to support any bid activities as appropriate.
- Complete all MI requirements on cases.
- Be an advocate for process improvement changes and contribute to adhoc projects where.
- To support the training and development of more junior team members being a 'go to' subject matter expert.
We are keen to attract passionate people with a solid experience of:
- Previous experience of running a more complex Motor Insurance Fast Track Litigated Caseload with a proven track record of success both from a financial results and client service perspective.
- Computer literate including proficient use of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent attention to detail to be able to carefully analyse files and data
- The ability to work well under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Excellent teamwork skills
- Flexibility and adaptability in your attitude and approach to work
- Business acumen and an understanding of the clients' needs
- Demonstrable knowledge of the importance and use of Management Information.
- The ability to build effective professional relationships both with external clients and internal colleagues.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- High level of financial awareness
- Previous exposure to some coaching and development of junior team members.
- An understanding of the wider Motor personal Injury market in terms of trends, strengths, weaknesses and opportunities.
- Previous experience of working with Visual Files case management system.
- Previous exposure to client liaison/development activities.
Are you a dynamic and passionate individual with litigation and supervisory experience gained within a busy and fast paced environment?
Then we would love to hear from you!!
Benefits package and flexible working:
We want you to feel valued and rewarded by your time at DWF. We understand the importance of offering you a reward package that goes beyond simply salary. That’s why, when you join DWF, you’ll be given a choice. You can pick from a range of benefits, allowing you to build a package that suits your needs and lifestyle, as well as those of your family. In addition to our standard benefits (medical insurance, life insurance, pension and 25 days annual leave), we offer flexible benefits which include season ticket loans, gym memberships, health assessments, cycle to work, retail vouchers, a buy as you earn share scheme and dining cards. You will also have access to additional wellbeing programs such as an online GP and a Healthy Minds helpline.
We welcome applications from people looking for a flexible or [partly] agile role. We are happy to explore your preferred working patterns as part of your application.
DWF is a global legal business providing Complex, Managed and Connected Services, operating from 33 key locations with over 4,200 people. The Company became the first Main Market Premium Listed legal business on the London Stock Exchange in March 2019. We are committed to equal opportunities in all areas of work and business. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
Supporting your application
Our recruitment process will comprise of interviews and, at times, a written exercise, an assessment day and/or a presentation. We want to make sure we do all we can to make this a positive experience for you. Please click the following link (https://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/) which will take you through a simple process to identify any adjustments or additional support we can provide beforehand or on the day.
Note to recruitment agencies
We hire the majority of our talent directly by our resourcing team or via referrals. On occasion, we will look for external support and will release vacancies to our recently reviewed Preferred Suppliers List. Speculative CVs sent by other agents or outside of the agreed process will not be accepted and no recruitment fee will be applicable.