Salary: Not specified
Residential Conveyancing Paralegal
Ash Vale, Surrey
This well-established reputable Legal 500 firm operate from lovely offices in Surrey alongside other branches in London and Hampshire. The firm deals with a range of value of residential property and development transactions for a range of clientele across Surrey and London.
They are looking to recruit a Paralegal to join their highly regarded Residential Property team. To provide support and assist the conveyancing team on buying and selling houses and flats, purchasing property for investment, protection of investments, re-mortgaging, transfers of property title. Duties will include land registry applications, collating documents, chasing replies and instructions, and preparing title packs.
The successful candidate will be proactive, and committed to offering first class services to the clients.
Please note, this is a fee earning role.
- Assisting fee earners with residential property matters to include freehold and leasehold sales and purchases, shared equity/shared ownership, new homes and part exchange.
- As appropriate, running a small caseload of matters independently.
- Working directly with clients and partners to ensure a seamless service.
- Assisting heavily with post exchange aspects of purchase and sale transactions and seeing them through to completion.
- Assisting with all aspects of post completion matters including title registration and SDLT (Stamp Duty Land Tax) returns.
Skills and Experience
- The candidate should have an understanding in assisting/handling residential or commercial conveyancing matters with at least 12 months experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with some previous experience of drafting and effective management of client expectations.
- Capable of taking direction from senior members of the team and implementing appropriately.
- Willingness to get involved and act as a team player on client matters and provide general departmental support.
- Advanced IT skills with a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Excellent file management skills and able to work efficiently under pressure.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and reliable; capable of meeting financial targets.
- A personable and confident manner.
- An organised and accurate approach to work, with effective prioritising skills...... click apply for full job details