Salary: Not specified
A multinational UK healthcare company are looking to appoint a sole counsel to manage their legal and compliance function.
A multinational UK healthcare company are looking to appoint a sole counsel.
Established over 15 years ago, they have experienced exponential growth in recent years and are continuing to develop their product range and expand their customer base across the globe.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this role will take ownership of the legal and compliance function and work closely with all business departments including sales, operations, marketing, and R&D. Given the rate of company growth, there is potential for this role to have direct reports in future.
This position would be suited to candidates based either in central London or the northern home counties.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating a range of commercial agreements including bespoke commercial contracts, procurement, sales and purchasing agreements, licensing, distribution, research, NDAs, and consulting agreements;
- Advising on ad hoc legal matters as they arise, including IP, property, IT and dispute resolution;
- Regulatory compliance work including GDPR and Anti-Bribery;
- Managing legal risk across the business and providing general and commercial legal advice across different business units.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- UK qualified solicitor (although all candidates will be considered on merit);
- Minimum 5 PQE, with a preference for candidates who have trained at a major City law firm;
- At least 2 years in a relevant in-house role; experience within health, pharmaceutical, life sciences, FMCG or any highly regulated industry would be advantageous;
- Extensive commercial contracts experience, advising on a diverse range of domestic and international commercial legal matters;
- Strong academic credentials;
- Proactive and thrive on taking responsibility of a diverse range of matters;
- Excellent commercial and business awareness...... click apply for full job details