Salary: Not specified
An exciting position has become available for a full time Immigration Solicitor/Caseworker to join our friendly team based in Queensbury, London (NW9 9RL). The successful candidate will earn between £25,000-£35,000 depending on their experience and if the successful candidate is a Solicitor or Caseworker. If you have a Law Society Level 2 accreditation in Immigration and Asylum with Supervisor statusthen this is a perfect opportunity to grow your career, join a fantastic company and earn good money.
For caseworkers who are looking for a training contract the company offer a good pathway to obtaining a training contract, subject to their performance and commitment to the firm.
- Will have good experience on all aspects of immigration and asylum law
- Will have good knowledge of the legal aid agency rules and regulations regarding asylum and immigration work- DAC (Detained Asylum Casework) and DDA (Detention Duty advise Surgeries
- Must have excellent communication and supervision skills
- Due to the current climate, the successful candidate must be prepared to work from home as well as the office
- The Candidate can be either a Solicitor or a caseworker who must hold a Law Degree
- For this role the candidate must have a Law Society Level 2 accreditation in Immigration and Asylum and with Supervisor status, regardless of whether they are a solicitor or a caseworker
- Supervising legal aid work in the office in conjunction with another supervising Solicitor
- Will be expected to deal with all types of asylum and immigration applications and appeals
- Will be expected to deal with Judicial Review applications
- Undertake both legal aid and private work
- The successful candidate will be expected to deal with their own workload
Our Client are highly regarded in their expertise they deal with Immigration and Asylum, Human Rights, Nationality Law and Public Law/ Judicial Review applications and process. The firm handle very complex and high-profile cases which are both private and legally aided.
The company boast a very high success rate and pride themselves on their team of hard working individuals who are dedicated to their clients.
As a whole, the company always maintain their professional manner and they fight to uphold the rule of the law.
Due to this approach, our client has been awarded by the Legal Aid Agency an overall rating of Category 1- Excellent in October 2019.
Why should you apply?
- You will be joining a Category 1 rated company
- You will be joining a dedicated, hard working and successful team
- For caseworkers who are looking for a training contract the company offer a good pathway to obtaining a training contract, subject to their performance and commitment to the firm...... click apply for full job details