Salary: Not specified
Legal PA, Residential Property, £28k, Guildford, Surrey
Our client is one of the largest legal practices in Surrey, and one of the South East's leading law firms. They have been recommended in seven specialist areas in the 2020 edition of The Legal 500, and 19 lawyers within the firm are recommended. Due to a pending retirement early 2021, they require a Legal PA who to support a Commercial Property Partner.
Strong Residential Property PA is to provide direct support to a partner to enable them to operate at optimum efficiency. The PA is expected to use a high degree of self-management and initiative.
· Prepare correspondence and documents through audio-typing and word processing.
· Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
· Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
· Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
· Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up to date diary for his/her fee earner.
· Prepare the conference room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting.
· Provide support to other secretaries as required.
· Provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
· Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support
· Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
· Ensure the confidentiality of all the firm's and clients documentation and information.
· Undertake on-line form filling requirements
· Operate the Firm's Case Management System
· Maintain or improve on the current standards of document presentation
Who are you?
Substantial previous Legal Secretarial experience including at least 2 year's experience in the specialist area
· Advanced IT skills in relevant packages
- Keeps up with Fee Earner's work production
- High accuracy levels
- Communicates professionally with clients both on the 'phone and personally
- Provides good customer care
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to work and clients
- Progresses client matters without supervision and in the absence of the fee-earner
- Takes on other tasks
· Demonstrates ability and willingness to:
· work to deadlines
· to cope under pressure
· prioritise work-loads effectively
· work as part of a team
· Demonstrates clear commitment to the Firm and a genuine interest in legal work
The firm promotes a great culture and benefits including
•25 days' holiday plus bank holidays
•Private medical cover
•Corporate dental rates
•Contributory pension (5% from employer, 3% from employee)
•Life assurance - 4 x annual salary
•Annual bonus scheme (payable in November)
•Employee Assistance Programme
•Long service awards
•Travel to Work loan scheme
•Cycle to Work Scheme
•Payment of Professional Subscriptions
•Career Development Plans
If you would like to learn more about this opportunity contact Leilani Reader.
LR Legal is a specialist legal recruitment agency with a reputation based on trust and integrity. We will always ask your permission before sending your CV to any of our Clients.
The PQE identified on this advertisement is a guide only and does not preclude applications from those with more or less PQE.
LR Legal Recruitment is operating as an Employment Agency in respect of this vacancy.
*We require a lawyer who has gained the necessary experience for the position advertised...... click apply for full job details