Salary: Not specified
2i Recruit's Legal client based in Guildford have an opening for an efficient Legal PA to support Fee earners in the Residential Property Department. The successful candidate will have experience working in Residential Property, be used to self-management and lots of initiative.
Role & Responsibilities
- Prepare correspondence and documents to include transcribing digital dictation.
- Administer filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office manual.
- Prepare mail and enclosures for dispatch.
- Arrange for all copying to be done, in person if an office assistant is not available to undertake the task.
- Prepare completion statements and assist with post exchange and pre-completion
- Undertake on-line form filling requirements including SDLT forms.
- Prepare and submit Land Registry forms (AP1, UN1, RX1 etc.)
- Obtain information from local authorities and other organisations.
- Deal with registration and all post completion formalities
- Make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up to date diary for his/her principal.
- If appropriate, prepare the conference room for meetings as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting and to provide refreshments if asked to do so.
- Provide support to other secretaries as required.
- Provide guidance to junior and temporary secretaries when required to do so.
- Progess client matters without fee earner supervision and in the absence of a fee earner
- Attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for client care.
- Undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm's and clients' documentation and information
- Undertake on-line form filling requirements
- Operate the Firm's Case Management System
- Consider improvements to the efficiency of the department
- Undertake other duties as from time to time required
Experience / Skills / Attributes Required
- Substantial previous Legal Secretarial experience including at least 2 years' experience in the specialist area
- Advanced IT skills in relevant packages and excellent (speed) typing skills
- Keeps up with fee earner's work production (and, if being promoted but working for the same fee earner(s), has a very good understanding of how their fee earner(s) like to work.
- High accuracy levels
- Demonstrates a pro-active approach to work with a positive attitude.
- Demonstrates an excellent level of attention to client service, being able to interact well with both internal and external clients.
- Demonstrates ability and willingness to:
o Work to deadlines
o To cope under pressure
o Prioritise work-loads effectively
o Work as part of a team
- Demonstrates clear commitment to the Firm and a genuine interest in legal work
- Demonstrates a high level of courtesy and respect in dealing with all colleagues including Central Management, IT, HR and Marketing and clients/contacts
- Demonstrates a willingness to take on other tasks as required by fee earner(s)
- Prior knowledge of case management systems
If you have not been contacted within 5 working days, then unfortunately on this occasion your CV has not been selected for this vacancy...... click apply for full job details