Salary: Not specified
Paralegal, Guildford 24k to 26k (Residential Property Department)
Are you currently working as a Legal Assistant and wanting to step into a Paralegal role? You will be working in a busy department and supporting the Fee Earners and Lawyers. This is a fast paced firm with lots of variety!
- Assisting the Residential Property department generally as and when required.
- Preparing correspondence and documents (which may include transcribing digital dictation).
- Administering filing which will include daily filing and the opening, closing, storage and
retrieval of client files in accordance with the detailed procedures contained in the office
- Preparing mail and enclosures for despatch by post/email or fax.
- Arranging for all copying to be done, in person if the office assistant is not available to
undertake the task.
- Making appointments, arranges meetings and maintains an up to date diary for his/her fee earner.
- Preparing the conference rooms for meetings as necessary, tidying and clearing the room at the end of the meeting and providing refreshments when asked to do so.
- Attending to clients and agents both in person and on the telephone and providing such
support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm's standards for
client care: including updating clients and agents; chasing clients, other side and
organisations for information.
- Preparing completion statements and assist with post exchange and pre completion formalities.
- Undertaking on-line form filling requirements including SDLT forms.
- Preparing and submiting Land Registry forms (AP1, UN1, RX1 etc.)
- Obtaining information from local authorities and other organisations.
- Dealing with registration and all post completion formalities
- Demonstrating a willingness to be involved in matters outside of normal work, such as marketing.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the Firm's and clients' documentation and information.
- To operate the Firm's Case Management System
- To maintain or improve on the current standards of document presentation
- To consider improvements to the general administrative efficiency of the
- Undertaking any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a
responsibility towards self-development.
- Undertaking other duties as from time to time is required.
This role requires legal/property experience and the ability to work in a busy department!..... click apply for full job details