International manufacturing business and recognised brand seeks a Legal Counsel to support the UK business legal requirements with a particular focus on company/commercial matters.
• Reporting into the Legal Director & UK Group Secretary
• Advising the business on a broad range of legal issues focusing on company commercial, contract, property, litigation, and intellectual property.
• Drafting, interpreting, advising, and negotiating commercial contracts, terms and conditions, sponsorship agreements, licensing agreements and distribution agreements
• Assisting with the Legal Director with Company Secretarial duties for the UK subsidiaries
• Managing and liaising with external advisors
• Supporting the Compliance Officer as and when required
We are looking for:
• You will be a qualified solicitor with experience of company commercial law and contracts
• A knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures is also desirable
• Experience working directly with customers
• Outstanding communication skills and ability to build relationships
• Pragmatic approach with enthusiasm to manage a varied caseload
• Flexibility to travel as and when required
Package on Offer:
• Competitive base salary
• Pension scheme
• Eligible for two bonus schemes
• 33 days holiday pa (inclusive of bank holidays and based on working 5 days per week)
• Extensive employee discount scheme
Our client will consider flexible working including home working.
If you are interested in this Legal Counsel position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Jacqui Douglas. If the role isn’t right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.