Our client is a leading defence business at the forefront of technological development working on some of the world’s most exciting and complex engineering and technology programmes. Seeking a commercially astute and dynamic Contracts & Commercial Officer to support the service and maintenance of their projects in either the Engineering or Digital Services teams.
Providing Commercial services and support to meet the operational needs of line management within a defined business unit or functional area.
• Supporting the Commercial Manager
• Responsible for the preparation of quotations and proposals
• Assist, manage and administrate bids and contracts with a wide customer base
• Review of the full suite of proposal documents
• Contributing to the development of potential business
• Generating suitable NDA and teaming agreements
• Negotiating proposals with potential customers
• Supporting Supply Chain in the preparation of sub-contract terms and conditions
• Must have relevant or similar experience – Minimum 3 years +
• Degree qualified (particularly suitable in business or law)
• Contract Management experience - Proven ability to draft, prepare and issue sound commercial contracts including terms of conditions
• Knowledge of contract law and also intellectual property law a benefit
• Strong communication skills
• Business acumen to demonstrate an understanding of the balance of risk and reward in managing long term complex programmes
• Confidence in team working
• An understanding of the UK Defence Sector would be a benefit but not essential
• Could come from Contract Management or Paralegal background
Package on Offer:
• Competitive base salary
• Pension scheme
• Share scheme
• Enhanced annual leave
• Local discounts
Our client will consider flexible working including some home working for candidates who are also prepared to travel.
If you are interested in this Contracts & Commercial Officer position, please apply now or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Freya Stenner. If the role is not right for you but you are interested in hearing about similar positions or some advice regarding the market, then please do get in touch.
*All candidates will be considered on merit
By submitting a job application to us, you agree to the storage of your personal data by McKenzie Douglas. This information may have been provided by you directly or collected from generally accessible sources (e.g. professional and social media sites) throughout the entire application process. To facilitate McKenzie Douglas carrying out recruitment services on your behalf, you agree to your data being saved after the application process has ended. You may revoke your consent to this agreement at any time. The Data Protection Act 1998 and the GDPR give you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act and GDPR.