Salary: Competitive salary plus bonus and benefits
Our client, a global financial services organisation and leader in their field of expertise, is now looking for an experienced paralegal to join their highly respected legal team. The role sits within the markets, treasury and liquidity management business lines which encompasses securities lending, cash management, FX and collateral management.
The successful candidate will join a team of qualified lawyers and assist on a broad range of matters which includes:
- Working with the credit and product management teams on developing new products;
- Drafting and negotiating derivatives and other master agreements relating to different counterparty types;
- Negotiating Stock Lending Agreements on an agency and principal basis;
- Assisting with regulatory initiatives and other legal matters on an ad hoc basis.
You must have acquired a minimum of 2 years’ experience from one of the top City law firms in a relevant financial services team, or the same level of experience from an in-house organisation. Either way, you must have strong academics, excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work across multiple workstreams and prioritise your workload efficiently.
Experience of some/all of the below is desirable:
- Familiarity with master agreements (e.g.ISDA, GMRA, GMSLA, CSAs);
- Knowledge of financial markets and/or funds regulation (e.g. MiFID II, EMIR, SFTR, UCITS);
- Drafting and/or negotiation of commercial contracts;
- Experience with OTC or other derivatives-related transactions.
This role would suit a paralegal who has been looking to develop their career within in a team of experienced lawyers in a collegiate and egalitarian environment, with structured training and supervision from the outset. Our client will also offer a competitive base salary and benefits package as well as a healthy and predictable work-life balance.
For more information please contact:
Matt Bloxham, email@example.com
Celene Yon, firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to a high volume of applications, we will only respond to those we deem suitable for the role.