Salary: Not specified
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Family Solicitor (1-2 years PQE) join an established, multi-office firm of solicitors. Members on the Children's Panel and the advanced family law panel you will be joining a superb team of specialists who provide guidance and support to parents in care proceedings and are all at different levels of their careers.
The caseload is mixed legal aid clients and the work is broadly publicly funded family matters where you will take responsibility for your own clients and support the Partner and Senior Solicitor with further assistance from the members of the team, including secretarial support also.
- As the Family Solicitor, you will provide clear and comprehensive advice to clients and progress the clients cases smoothly to completion.
- Interviewing clients, taking instructions, identifying appropriate funding, including public funding, keeping detailed file notes of instructions received, advice given and any other attendances upon clients and other parties.
- Provide written, telephone and office costs estimates and quotes to prospective clients/introducers with a full breakdown of costs and disbursements as requested.
- Drafting applications to the court and other court documents.
- Carry out own advocacy matters.
- Responding promptly and accurately to requests for information concerning casework from partners, supervisors and fee earners.
- You will have 1-3 years PQE but all applicants are encouraged to apply if you meet the relevant criteria.
- Experienced in legal aid work.
- Previous experience in the following areas - childcare, financial matters, matrimonial, domestic violence, injunctions and advocacy.
If you wish to discuss this role confidentially or apply, please contact / .