Salary: Not specified
Family Solicitor (public & private)
Salary DOE + Benefits
Our client is a specialist criminal and family law firm with 5 offices located across the South West who pride themselves on providing high quality legal advice to their clients.
Due to one of their Senior Family Solicitors leaving their team after 14 years of service, they are now in a position to bring in a new member of the team to join their successful and thriving department on a permanent basis.
You will have strong knowledge of public / private children's law, matrimonial divorce, and ancillary relief, non-molestation / occupation order application as well as knowing the full family process from cradle to grave with experience of managing a busy and varied caseload. You will be taking over an existing caseload which includes 80% public (legal aid) and 20% private family work.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience Required:
* Minimum of 2 years' experience
* Pass or above of the Legal Practice Course
* Excellent advocacy, verbal and written communication skills
* Great organisational and time management skills
* Ability to work towards targets and tight deadlines
* Knowledge of CCMS
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Manage case files in accordance with Quality Assurance Standards
* Ensure all financial transactions are in line with the Solicitors Accounts Rules
* Support and advise clients of the firm either in Court, custody, or the office
* Attend upon witnesses, experts or others to obtain statements
* Arrange for attendances upon and to assists Counsel, clients and witnesses at Court hearings
* Ensure clients affairs and the business of the firm are kept confidential at all times
* Manage and run a busy and varied caseload
* Carry out advocacy in relevant Courts
* Flexible / remote working
* Laptop provided
* Life cover
* 20 days holiday (plus bank)
If this Family Solicitor role is of interest please contact Olivia on or forward your most recent CV to
Clayton Legal recruits for law firms and In House departments across the UK. Based in the North West, our pedigree and service levels give those looking to move in the legal market and law firms looking to recruit a refreshingly different recruitment experience. You will work with experienced professionals, dedicated to your success. Take a look at our web site for our latest blogs and legal news and to keep up to date with current vacancies.