MEDIA PARALEGAL, TV DISTRIBUTION
6-12 MONTHS FTC
Our client is a global media content producer and distributor. They have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Paralegal to join the UK team supporting the Rights arm of the business which handles the exploitation of some of the best scripted and non-scripted brands in the industry spanning drama, comedy, entertainment, factual, reality and family.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic Paralegal who will join the in-house legal team servicing the acquisition and licensing of rights across all commercial forms of exploitation.
Reporting to the Head of Legal & Business Affairs, responsibilities will include:
- Drafting and negotiating finished and format agreements
- Drafting and negotiating licensing and acquisition agreements
- Supporting the team on a variety of contractual matters relating to Rights
- Negotiate with licensees based on internal guidelines
- Working closely with internal senior stakeholders and their supporters on deals
THE SUCCESSFUL INDIVIDUAL:
The successful applicant will ideally be an experienced an experienced Media Paralegal or Contracts Manager who has a strong background in TV distribution as well as the following experience:
- Relevant industry experience including drafting television/VOD licensing agreements and format licence agreements is key for this role
- Ability to prioritise and manage significant volumes of contractual workload
- Knowledge of intellectual property law relevant to TV distribution and the protection of IP
- Working knowledge of music royalties
- Strong experience of contracting with digital online platforms
- Experience of rights management database
This role is initially being offered on a 6-12 month contract however, it may lead to something longer term. Our client is also open to hybrid/flexible working arrangements.