Salary: Not specified
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2021 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK, we are immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people.
Our specialist Healthcare team covers all aspects of healthcare and related areas of law and practice, including child law, clinical negligence, clinical governance, consent to treatment, healthcare advisory and mental health. We provide a supportive, proactive service based on a deep understanding of NHS procedures and the social/political background of public healthcare. Our expert team includes doctors and nurses among other health professionals, all with specialist medical knowledge in key areas.
Location for this role is Tameside Hospital, Ashton under Lyne.
Weightmans is seeking a paralegal to manage a caseload of inquest files on behalf of Tameside and Glossop Integrated Care NHS Foundation Trust and to provide assistance to the team as required.
Main duties and responsibilities
· Review medical records and inquest files upon allocation and advise the Trust as to internal strategy as appropriate and manage the inquest.
· Assist others with their inquests/cases as required
· Liaise with Trust clinicians and witnesses, provide appropriate support and draft witness statements
· Assist as required in completing internal Trust reports and thematic reviews
· Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KIPS are adhered to
· Comply with relevant policies and procedures
· Work in accordance with Weightmans’ values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
|The person specification|