THIS ROLE IS ONLY OPEN TO U.K. QUALIFIED SOLICITORS
Are you looking to kick start your legal career? QC Legal is pleased to present a unique opportunity for a Data Privacy lawyer with up to 3 years’ experience. We’re looking for somebody who is ready to learn. Sound like you?
- You will be expected to advise on a full range of data privacy matters, including regulatory compliance, privacy impact assessments, data subject requests, contract remediation, GDPR compliance programs, and trans-border data flows.
- You will be expected to assist with data protection in a transactional context for example, service agreements, data licensing, IT contracts, online terms and complex international transfers of data both intra-group and between third parties.
- On a daily basis, you will be reviewing, drafting and negotiation; the focus will be on data protection and privacy work but may include an element of IT/commercial drafting.
- Lastly, you will be expected to assist with business development in order to win new clients and to win data work from existing clients. More specifically, this will include undertaking research and drafting presentations to support senior fee earners presenting at events and conferences, writing articles and attending client events.
- You will have excellent academics achieving a minimum 2:1 at Undergraduate level.
- You will have previous experience (through training or qualified) of advising on data protection projects, including experience of advising on GDPR, on drafting privacy notices, international data transfers, advising on marketing issues and negotiating and drafting data processor agreements.
- You will demonstrate an awareness of and a good understanding of upcoming regulatory changes in the data protection sphere.
- You will be technically strong, commercially astute and intellectually curious to ensure you are constantly learning!
- Lastly, you will be a strong team player and be able to communicate well with those junior and senior to you in your team.
- The firm is a top 100 global law firm with a reputation for success.
- The firm boasts a warm and inclusive environment in which there is ample room for short and long term career growth.
- The firm offers an impressive early careers development programme which grants early responsibility for the younger lawyers.
- Our client is offering a competitive salary and remuneration package of up to £60,000 plus benefits.
How to Apply
- We’d welcome speaking with you directly and confidentially.
Learn more about our other opportunities here: www.qclegal.com/job-search
QC Legal is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, very much setting the industry benchmark, leading from the front and by example