Salary: Not specified
A unique position has been created at an entrepreneurial Top 200 UK Firm, seeking a Contentious Construction Lawyer to join their dynamic team in London.
This firm has consistently won Legal & Industry specific awards across their wide-ranging practice areas due to their commercially astute and technically strong staff - many of who are recognised in the Legal 500 & Chambers guides.
They are a leading national practice with an excellent client base who contend with the larger international firms; they have achieved this by hiring entrepreneurial Partners looking to bring their experience to a leading Top 200 UK firm.
The firm has grown significantly over the past few years and shows no signs of stopping with two recent acquisitions, increasing them to over 500 employees across the country. They can provide a high profile and exciting client base meanwhile maintaining their identity as an approachable, friendly yet professional Top 200 UK firm.
The Partners have decided that due to ongoing success, they wish to further their offering in London. For this reason, they are seeking motivated and entrepreneurial Lawyers to join their success.
This Top 200 UK firm are seeking a Construction Senior Associate to join their dynamic team in London.
You will be responsible for adopting the firm's ethos and working alongside the Partners to build the department further, ensuring future success for the existing team and the firm as a whole.
The focus of this role will be to assist with a wide range of construction disputes, acting for both commercial, institutional and private clients. (Although the non-contentious team is separate, you would be working very closely together, and as such, the experience of, and interest in, non-contentious work would therefore be a distinct advantage.)
The primary responsibilities include:
* Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a range of industry-specific and general commercial contracts between the different parties involved in a project.
* Acting for a variety of clients, including builders, property developers, architects, contractors, subcontractors, engineers, landowners and more.
* Working closely with legal professionals of other disciplines, including finance, property and regulatory, to ensure due diligence is carried out, funding is secured etc.
* Liaising and negotiating with civil authorities to obtain planning permission and building approvals.
* Guiding clients through various forms of dispute resolution, up to and including litigation, when contracts are breached, payments are not made, injuries sustained, and other issues arise around the project. Advising on health and safety, insurance, liability and environmental matters relating to each project.
The team act for employers (Corporates and High net worth individuals), Construction professionals, Contractors and sub-contractors and the successful candidate can look forward to a broad range of quality work across various sectors.
This rapidly expanding firm wants to hear from ambitious Senior Lawyers looking to progress their career - opportunities for Partnership later down the line will be readily available for the right candidates.
* You will be an experienced Construction Disputes Lawyer with 6 years PQE +
* Experience in managing and mentoring more junior colleagues is advantageous
* You should have first-class communication, outstanding business development skills and an entrepreneurial flair
* A transferable client base or contacts is highly advantageous
* Salary is above market rate and negotiable, depending on your level of experience
* An excellent benefit package
* This is a stand-out opportunity for a Construction Partner to join this leading Top 200 UK firm.
If you would like to apply for this outstanding opportunity, please get in touch with a CV today or feel free to give Charlie Simpkin at JMC Legal Recruitment a call for a confidential conversation.