Salary: £60000 - £90000 per annum + Negotiable
The firm is unique; established by international lawyers with particular expertise in group litigation, they have managed some of the most significant claims in UK legal history. The firm is also at the cutting-edge of group consumer claims. They have now grown globally, expanding their London offices and going into Europe and the United States.
The firm puts people at the forefront of everything - they commit to their employees:
* to be fair and transparent with pay review processes;
* to offer opportunities for internal promotion;
* to provide everyone with a fair and structured review process;
* to provide a learning environment that supports employees in becoming experts in their roles; and
* to give all of their people opportunities to influence and improve how they work.
The Role: Associate - Litigation, London. NQ-5 PQE
The firm is looking for Associates with a range of experience at this level of PQE. There will be a lot of opportunity in this role to develop and progress!
The work you'll do will range from drafting documents to partaking in the management of case strategy and maintaining communications with external parties, clients and councils.
This role provides the opportunity to help manage some of the high-profile cases they currently oversee.
The firm is looking for candidates looking to grow in a firm where they will be given responsibilities in the day to day conduct of litigation cases. This exceptional opportunity suits ambitious and hardworking lawyers who enjoy working as part of a collaborative and dynamic team and share our passion for achieving justice for those we represent.
The following is not an exhaustive list, but you can expect the role to surround matters such as:
* Working with the team on large, complex and fast-paced contentious cases, including multi-jurisdictional disputes
* Taking initial instructions from partners and senior associates and delegating to trainees and paralegals when appropriate
* Conducting research, drafting and reviewing of documentation
* Managing meetings effectively by setting clear agendas
* Assist the firm in achieving its professional objectives
* Develop and maintain relationships with external counsel, expert witnesses, financial partners and other external parties
* Supervise trainees and paralegals
* Manage legal documentation and demonstrate effective case management
* Contribute to the firm's business developments, including raising the firm's profile by partaking in marketing activities and contributing to the firm's publications
The ideal candidate will have excellent management and preferably cross-border litigation experience, with a keen interest in one or more of the following fields:
* Environmental protection and Human rights; and
* Data protection;
* Consumer product liability;
* Medical product liability;
* Competition law.
All of this makes for an excellent opportunity for a Litigation Associate in the City of London.
Apply now, or call Charlie Simpkin at JMC Legal Recruitment for a confidential conversation.