MEDIA LAWYER, CONTENT COMMISSIONING/ACQUISITION
CONTENT COMMISSIONING AND GLOBAL ACQUISITIONS
We would like to present a fantastic opportunity to work with a friendly, high-performing Legal and Business Affairs team within a much -loved TV business.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Provide Legal and Business affairs support and advice to the commissioning team and global acquisitions team.
- Work within the Legal & Business Affairs team primarily on all commissioned, co-produced and acquired content across a range of global channels.
- Draft all contracts relating to commissions and acquisitions including development, underlying rights, clearances, programme production, talent, distribution, pre-sale acquisitions, programme licensing, US Studio and output agreements and other forms of film or tv financing.
- Update policy, process and templates both within the team and the wider business.
- Maintain and demonstrate expertise in all relevant fields of law and industry agreements including collective licensing and bargaining agreements
- Support the L&BA team more broadly in respect of a variety of commercial projects that arise from time to time e.g., platform distribution agreements, IP licences, marketing contracts, subject to capacity
YOU WILL HAVE
- An understanding of copyright and the legal framework in relation to rights licensing
- Experience of working on commissioning (or production) and acquisitions in a media organisation (or private practice) but other commercial experience in a media environment will also be useful.
- An understanding of non-linear programming rights and TV platforms
- Strong relationship management and communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across several departments and services.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- The ability to take a proactive and flexible approach to
- A genuine passion for TV