LEGAL COUNSEL (CORPORATE), UP TO 3 YEARS' PQE
LONDON, OFFICE LOCATED IN THE SHARD
SALARY £60,000- £70,000
Siteimprove Legal team we are looking for a new team member to join our team of compliance enthusiasts whom are based in USA and Denmark.
We are expanding our business and are looking for a Corporate Counsel that will be based out of our London office located in the Shard at London Bridge. You will be the on-site representative of the legal team. If you are just as hot for internal compliance as we are, and you can see yourself take charge in shaping an innovative IT-company with global growth ambitions, it sounds like you should be on our team!
Reporting directly to the General Counsel, a substantial part of your time will be spent on reviewing, drafting, and negotiating commercial contracts for our European markets. This includes both customer and vendor contracts. You will be responsible for keeping Siteimprove, our Partners and our services compliant with applicable laws, handling various customer requests and training our employees globally. Essential functions within this role furthermore include:
· Provide the organisation with proactive legal advice.
· Identifying business risks and devising practical, business-oriented solutions to mitigate such risks.
· Be an active stakeholder in cross departmental compliance projects and coordinating with key stakeholders from across the organisation (e.g., Finance, Customer Support, Marketing, and IT).
· Support the local implementation of company-wide legal initiatives and standards.
What We Require of You
· +3 years PQE from either a law firm or as inhouse counsel in Europe.
· Previous experience from negotiating SaaS contracts and a strong commercial understanding.
· Excellent English communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
· UK qualified lawyer.
· Strong collaboration skills and easily form relations in a multicultural environment.
· Ability to operate in a fast paced, agile working environment with quick turnaround times.
What We'll Love About You
· You are an optimist with a can-do attitude and a pragmatic solution-based approach to the ever-changing palette of daily tasks is highly appreciated.
· Proficiency with German and/or Dutch.
· Interested in and comfortable with technical discussions of software and technology.
· An odd talent to help Legal win the Siteimprove got talent competition!
What you’ll love about Siteimprove
Siteimprove is a people-centric company driven by the desire to make the internet better for all with inclusion and growth as our cornerstones. As a market-leading SaaS solution, we amplify growth by empowering marketers to increase digital marketing reach, supercharge performance, and deliver maximum ROI. Siteimprove helps democratize access by delivering an engaging and inclusive customer experience, optimizing digital marketing performance across channels, and simplifying our customers’ MarTech stack. For our Siteimprovers, our amazing growth journey comes with plenty of opportunities for personal development and being surrounded by our highly talented colleagues means that there’s always someone to learn from. We’re a hybrid workplace and we nurture a culture that values achieving results over punching the clock, which ultimately offers our Siteimprovers a high degree of flexibility and enables them to keep their life in balance. We take our responsibility as a thought-leader within digital accessibility very seriously. Through our business actions and our corporate social responsibility initiatives, we champion inclusion globally. As part of our commitment to the United Nations Global Compact and Sustainable Development Goals we have increased awareness about digital accessibility and contributed to a more inclusive World Wide Web for more than 10 years.
What You Need to Know About the UK Team
You’ll be joining a highly skilled international team of Siteimprovers who are incredibly passionate about what they do and are characterised by their commitment to working as a team and ever-present on customer focus. When circumstances allow, we are a sociable bunch and enjoy eating, talking and being together. We are rock climbers, mountain bikers and fantastic bakers.
Amazing colleagues with a great mix of cultures. Our colleagues across the world come from more than 45 different countries, so we have a great mix of cultures to learn about and from.
A hybrid workplace. We have the opportunity to work from home, work from the office, or a mix.
Health care, generous annual leave, and pension. We care deeply about our employees' well-being.
Outstanding Office Location. We are located in the heart of London in the Shard, next to London Bridge.
Amazing team with lots of socials. We play pool and table tennis in the office and have regular team outings.