Commercial Legal Counsel
We have a brand new opportunity for a Commercial Solicitor to join a leading international organisation; you will be situated within the Commercial Team of their Remediation division, with offices based in Central London. They are a well established international group whose reputation is held high both inside and outside. They are proud to be recognised for their high standards, this is consistent through their employees, their work ethic and the results seen in the services that they are able to offer.
This is a role that breaks away from the traditional day to day involved with commercial contract management focused legal counsel positions. No two days will be the same in this fast paced, and engaging role in a remediation team whose remit extends across the breadth of this large international group's businesses. You will be working in a well established commercial/legal team with a fantastic network of supportive colleagues who all excel in their respective roles. Reporting into the Commercial Director provides a solid working relationship and level of support. You will foster an open relationship with your seniors who will always be available for advice and guidance whenever necessary.
Ideally you will bring to the team at least 3 years of commercial legal counsel and/or contract management experience, preferably in a professional services/remediation environment. The skills you bring to the table will help you to deliver on the following responsibilities:
* You will be a qualified solicitor (CILEx or IACCM are also beneficial)
* Excellent drafting and negotiating skills
* An excellent understanding of contract law and its application (in the context of commercial contracts)
* The ability to manage and interpret complex contracts
* The ability to manage and resolve contract disputes
* The ability to provide commercial / legal advice at all stages of the contract process
* Experience of developing product terms and collateral
* Experience of developing business processes
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
* Strong skills in stakeholder engagement and negotiation are also essential
If you feel you have the required strategic attitude and technical skills in commercial contracts to deliver in this challenging and rewarding role then please apply below.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.