Salary: Not specified
Risk & Compliance Analyst
We have a new instruction with a major international law firm for a business analyst to join their legal team.
This leading international firm provide a comprehensive service to national and multinational corporations, financial institutions and governments.
The Legal Department supports the firm in pursuing the effective management of regulatory, legal, operational and information security risk so as to preserve and maximise the value of the firm over the long term.
The Business Acceptance Team manages the firm's risk exposure and provides advice to the firm on a range of legal and compliance issue relating to business acceptance (including conflicts, confidentiality, client due diligence, sanctions, reputational and commercial risk).
This role will involve:
· being the escalation point of contact for all work undertaken within the Business Acceptance Team, including conflicts of interests and financial crime and sanctions checks;
· Work alongside the Business Acceptance Analysts to assess business acceptance requests and facilitate the firm's global client and matter acceptance processes;
· Conducts analysis of potential client risks and collecting and analysing due diligence material required for client verification; analysing and identifying potential conflict (legal and commercial), confidential information, reputational risk and sanctions issues arising from potential and existing matters and, where appropriate, assist with drafting consent letters, erecting information barriers and other required steps;
· Carry out other discrete projects and auditing as necessary;
· Deliver training to the team and wider department when required;
This is a rare role with a leading team. Good salary and benefits.