LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS MANAGER (EMEA)
GLOBAL ENTERTAINMENT BUSINESS
13 MONTH MATERNITY COVER CONTRACT
Our client is a leading global entertainment company with a strong and diversified presence in motion picture production and distribution, television programming and syndication, home entertainment, family entertainment, digital distribution, new channel platforms and international distribution and sales.
This is an exceptional opportunity to gain worldwide experience in TV Sales providing legal support to EMEA sales team based in London under supervision. You will be joining a collaborative and highly experienced team.
They are looking for some to join them in the new year on a 12 month fixed term contract.
* Drafting, negotiating and reviewing standard agreements for international TV content distribution, as directed by the Senior Vice President.
* Advising on the commercial implications of all contractual provisions including third party exploitation and holdback provisions.
* Confident and able to negotiate a contract all the way to execution stage making decisions on appropriate action and must be able to judge when to escalate to the Director or Senior Vice President.
* To liaise with other departments, both in London and LA, to ensure communication of and compliance with all agreed rights/ content restrictions/ scheduling and other issues arising from the license agreements and other legal documents with suppliers.
* Reviewing and analyzing contractual provisions on a regular basis to ensure that they reflect current practice and maintaining standard contract templates.
* Demonstrating an understanding of television rights and underlying rights in a television distribution environment.
* Proven experience in commercial contracts, specifically dealing with licensing content where multiple client contracts are managed simultaneously.
Key Skills Required:
* A qualified lawyer with c.2 years' post qualification experience (or equivalent experience within the broadcast/media/technology industry) with requisite in-house legal and business experience and must have at least 1-year legal experience in TV/Film Distribution.
* Good understanding of copyright licensing and law as it applies to media/entertainment businesses and awareness of digital technology and developments, particularly within television distribution.
* Will require exceptional level of attention to detail and strong general administration, communication and organisation skills.
* Excellent negotiation skills.
* Autonomous and readily assumes responsibility with efficient problem-solving skills.
* Operate collaboratively in a supportive team environment.
* Awareness of the company's standard licensing policies.
* Calm under pressure and able to manage a busy workload.