Commercial Litigation Paralegal – Insured – Liverpool/hybrid – Permanent
We are currently looking to recruit a Commercial Litigation Paralegal into our Insured team within our Liverpool office/hybrid. The role will involve working in a team environment acting on behalf of legal expense insurers and their insured on high volume and wide ranging contractual disputes, including professional negligence claims, for personal and commercial clients.
- Cataloguing and collation of documentation for disclosure exercises, trial bundles and instructions to Counsel and experts, in often document-heavy multi-party proceedings;
- Drafting general correspondence and initial drafting of instructions;
- Minute and note taking at client meetings, settlement negotiations, mediation and court;
- Outdoor clerical duties, including lodgement of documents at Court; appearances before Masters where appropriate;
- Significant liaison with Court Managers, Listing Clerks and Counsel’s Clerks;
- Undertaking legal and commercial research and production of notes/advices;
- Cross-referencing disclosure and expert evidence with witness evidence;
- Proof reading, data entry and maintenance of spreadsheets, compilation of Scott Schedules;
- Data analysis and participation in analysis of evidence;
- Companies House/Land Registry searching in the context of Anti-Money Laundering, as well as credential checking of adverse parties;
- Coordinating multi-party availability to attend meetings, ADR and proceedings;
- Administrative duties
- Time recording to meet a chargeable hours target
Benefits package and flexible working:
We want you to feel valued and rewarded by your time at DWF. We understand the importance of offering you a reward package that goes beyond simply salary. That’s why, when you join DWF, you’ll be given a choice. You can pick from a range of benefits, allowing you to build a package that suits your needs and lifestyle, as well as those of your family. In addition to our standard benefits (medical insurance, life insurance, pension and 25 days annual leave), we offer flexible benefits which include season ticket loans, gym memberships, health assessments, cycle to work, retail vouchers and a buy as you earn share scheme. You will also have access to additional wellbeing programs such as an online GP and an Employee Assistance Programme.
DWF is a flexible business which has adopted a hybrid working model where our people enjoy a mix of home and office working. We believe that by operating in a hybrid way, our people enjoy the advantages of both office based collaboration and learning, as well working from home. This way of working allows us to honour our commitment to being a responsible business, offer flexibility and better work life balance as well as ensuring we preserve the DWF culture and values. We welcome applications from people looking for a flexible and agile role and we are happy to explore your preferred working patterns as part of your application.
DWF is a leading global provider of integrated legal and business services, operating across eight key sectors in over 30 global locations with over 4,000 people. Our purpose is to deliver positive outcomes with our colleagues, clients and communities. The legal market has changed profoundly in the last decade and the speed of change continues to increase. There is a clear and growing desire for legal services to be delivered in an easier and more efficient way. So we’ve listened to our clients and designed a range of services to meet these needs. Our vision is to deliver integrated legal and business services on a global scale through our three offerings; Legal Advisory, Mindcrest and Connected Services. Our ability to seamlessly combine any number of these services to deliver bespoke solutions for our clients is our key differentiator. This Integrated Legal Management approach delivers greater operational efficiency, price certainty and transparency for our clients. Without compromising on quality or service.
Supporting your application
Our recruitment process will comprise of interviews and, at times, a written exercise, an assessment day and/or a presentation. We want to make sure we do all we can to make this a positive experience for you. Please click the following link (https://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/) which will take you through a simple process to identify any adjustments or additional support we can provide beforehand or on the day.
Note to recruitment agencies
We hire the majority of our talent directly by our resourcing team or via referrals. On occasion, we will look for external support and will release vacancies to our recently reviewed Preferred Suppliers List. Speculative CVs sent by other agents or outside of the agreed process will not be accepted and no recruitment fee will be applicable.