TV DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION (SCRIPTED)
PREMIUM ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY
Our client is a global producer and distributor of award-winning premium film and TV content.
We have an exciting new opportunity for an experienced lawyer to join the Business and Legal Affairs team to be involved in the negotiation and drafting of a broad range of commercial contracts.
* Negotiate, structure, draft and review development and production agreements required by the UK production business.
* Review, analyse and provide advice and recommendations for all projects relating to the development and production of TV scripted series.
* Provide day-to-day support and guidance for the UK development and production team generally in relation to specific deals, as the business expands.
* Provide advice on underlying rights, copyright and other intellectual property issues, compliance and regulatory matters.
* Assist with development and maintenance of templates and industry and legal developments.
The successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer with significant experience in the media/TV industry, gained in a media practice at a top law firm and/or in-house at a broadcaster, producer or major studio.
You will have detailed knowledge of contract and commercial law and an understanding of IP (copyright), together with management experience, ideally in an international context.
Expertise in TV development and production agreements in the area of scripted TV series is essential.
This is a fantastic role, with the opportunity to work with great colleagues and for a dynamic and exciting business at the forefront of the media industry.