COMMERCIAL/IP - CONSUMER PRODUCTS
GLOBAL ENTERTAINMENT ORGANISATION
9 MONTH FTC
Our global entertainment client comprises many of the world's most popular and iconic multimedia entertainment brands.
We have a maternity cover role for a Legal Counsel to join the Consumer Products and Location Based Experiences legal team.
This is a key role within the team. You will be a qualified lawyer, who has ideally had some previous management responsibilities.
* managing Business and Legal Affairs Manager(s);
* managing, drafting, reviewing and negotiating contracts for CP (merchandise, publishing, DTR, content, digital and promotions) and LBE deals globally (liaising directly with VP);
* maintaining relationships internally and externally (i.e. agents and licensees);
* assisting with reports, research, counterfeit sightings, debt collection and litigation matters as required;
* maintaining templates and creating new templates, as requested, for Senior Counsel's review and approval;
* assisting Senior Counsel and/or VP of BALA on special projects;
* assisting other Junior Contracts Managers and Business and Legal Affairs Managers as required; and
* being the point of contact for the BALA team / supervisory role when Senior Counsel and VP are not available.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with solid experience in negotiating and drafting a range of commercial agreements as well as a strong understanding of IP law. Previous in-house experience is preferred but not essential.
The team is high performing yet very supportive. You will be open, approachable and hard-working.