Salary: £23 000
Our Healthcare team is a vibrant specialist department. We provide advice on all aspects of healthcare law, including clinical negligence, patient safety, consent to treatment, human rights, child law and mental health.
The ethos of the team is to work hard for our clients so that we secure the right outcome for them. In so doing we improve our technical skills and enhance our ability to meet the clients’ needs as they evolve.
The healthcare sector is fast moving and the challenge of working for our clients provides very interesting work.
The successful candidate will be highly motivated to develop their own and our teams’ practices.
We provide a supportive environment in which to work.
· To assist senior case handlers to manage post-litigated EL/PL/Clinical Negligence claims on behalf of NHS Resolution and NHS Trusts and to case manage fast track EL/PL/Clinical Negligence claims
· Primary responsibility is to work with senior fee earners on their cases – tasks include drafting letters of approach/instruction to experts, instructing counsel, seeking records, preparing chronologies, tracing and interviewing witnesses, collating disclosure and liaising with the CRU
· Role to include handling own caseload of fast track EL/PL and/or Clinical Negligence claims
· Completing client MI procedures/databases
· Achieve set financial and chargeable hours targets
· Ensure relevant deadlines, quality measures and KPIs are adhered to
· Comply with relevant policies and procedures
· Work in accordance with Weightmans’ values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
|The person specification|
· Post issue defendant PI experience is desirable
· Experience of handling fast track EL/PL or Clinical Negligence claims in own name
· Knowledge of CPR procedure with proven technical ability
· Ability to work to strict deadlines and timescales
· Ability to work to client SLA and KPIs
· Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
· Excellent written and organisation skills
· Excellent time management skills