Salary: £40 000-£65 000
Our market leading Employment, Pensions and Immigration team advises employers across the UK on all aspects of employment, pensions and immigration law. Our clients are some of the UK's largest and best known employers. We believe that the quality of our clients and strength of our relationships with our clients speaks volumes about the quality of the service we provide.
We will consider applications for any of our locations excluding London. However, the candidate will be expected to attend the Birmingham office from time to time to meet with colleagues and other business requirements.
As an Employment Solicitor you will manage a mixed caseload of employment work including advocacy, and provide HR employment law advice to clients.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Manage a mixed caseload of employment work
- Provide HR employment law advice to a wide range of clients
- Conduct advocacy at Employment Tribunals
- Assist other members of the team with their caseloads as appropriate
- Draft and prepare letters, e-mails, documents, tribunal responses, bundles, witness statements and reports
- Draft articles and legal updates
- Assist with business development initiatives including training and networking
- Produce monthly and ad-hoc client MI reports
- Work in accordance with client and internal SLAs
- Work in accordance with Weightmans’ values and procedures
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will have other duties and responsibilities that fall within the remit of the role.
- 3-6 YR Qualified Solicitor
- Experience of and familiarity with development and regeneration work is an advantage
- Excellent team work skills
- Strong academics and technical knowledge
- Experience of and keen interest in real estate work
- Excellent IT and typing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
- Flexible approach
Why work for us
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2021 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK.
The independent research showed "Weightmans provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation."
We are truly committed to fostering a culture of equality and diversity, where everyone in the firm is respected and recognised on merit for the work that they do.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustment at any stage of the application process.
Please feel free to note your preferred pronouns in your application.
Work for a firm where people matter – work for Weightmans.
As well as being immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people we offer a wide range of benefits including;
- 28 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
- Agile / working from home including provision of home office equipment*
- Healthcare cover/ Medicash
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance 4 x salary
- Interest free travel loan scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offers & discounts
- Great reward and recognition scheme
*there are a small number of roles that cannot be performed from home, your Recruitment Advisor can confirm.
- Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
- The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
- We are open to part time/job share applicants.