What are we looking for?
We have an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and knowledgeable individual to join our Commercial Property department in a Legal Secretarial role. You will be joining a busy team based in our London City office who deal with a wide range of Property work. This role will also have the opportunity to support our Commercial Property team based in Southampton too.
You will be providing administrative and secretarial support to multiple fee earners on various day to day tasks, with the prospect to progress your skills and career and run with as much responsibility as you want to take on. This role would be well suited to a Legal Secretary with strong administration and organisational skills who wants to be involved in much more than just typing. You will be working within a fun and collaborative team who value each other’s support and input.
Why should you apply?
Are you a reliable and highly organised individual looking to work for a newly merged firm carving out a new way of working within the Legal sector? This is a great role for someone ambitious looking to get really involved in a great Commercial Property team where you will be fully supported.
- To administer files to include opening, closing, storage and retrieval in accordance with the firm’s management procedures
- Accurately record information in the practice management system provided by Lawyer/s
- Print out and prepare pre completion bundles for client completion
- Handling pre and post completion documentation, paperwork and registrations
- Drafting of letters, documents, and forms, to be checked by Lawyer/s
- Printing of contracts and letters pertaining to the sale or purchase of a property
- Scanning of signed contracts and other documents
- Daily diary management for themselves and Lawyer/s. Inputting important key dates and diarising when to chase for things
- To make appointments, arrange meetings, book rooms for clients and colleagues as requested, organising refreshments as necessary
- Able to deal with and respond to some correspondence in the absence of Lawyer on annual leave
- Plan and book travel for Lawyer/s when required
- Ensure that letters, telephone notes and file notes are accurately presented and formatted in a professional style and in line with company procedures
- To prepare correspondence, documents and enclosures for despatch using digital dictation and the practice management system as applicable, at all times adhering to the laid down policies and procedures
- Ensuring files are maintained accurately and filing kept 100% up to date
- To undertake any specific training to improve or enhance skill base as requested
- To accurately maintain and update data in the practice management system relating to client and contact information and marketing activity and preferences
- To assist clients with updates/progress on their cases
- Produce and mail out client invoices
- Assist Fee Earners in the billing and credit control process by liaising with the Fee Earner and accounts and to produce standard financial/time reports and invoices through the system
- Picking up telephone calls for other members of the department when they are away from their desk and the main number for the City Office
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the Fee Earners or Team Leader, or a person of an appropriate seniority.
- Responsibility for City Office meeting rooms including bookings, refreshments and configuring.
- Monitoring and ordering of stationery supplies
- Process all incoming and outgoing mail
- Support the Southampton and Richmond offices when required.
- Accurate typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word (including track changes), Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, research tools and other system implemented by the firm such as case management.
- Knowledge of legal terminology, documentation, legal processes, etc.
- Excellent people skills, meet and greet.
- Excellent telephone manner and competent knowledge of telephone system.
- Excellent communication, organisational and team skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative.
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines.
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic.
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks and have a solutions focussed working method
- Be able to work independently and self-sufficiently.
Who we are
Welcome to Moore Barlow, a progressive and people-orientated Law firm with over 450 dedicated professionals including 70 Partners and 272 Lawyers who focus on delivering exceptional services for three groups of people: Individuals & Families, Entrepreneurial Businesses & Organisations and Personal Injury & Clinical Negligence.
We’ve also won awards! Named as one of the Top 200 Law Firms in the UK in The Times Best Law Firms 2021 list, we have also been widely recognised in Legal 500 UK 2021, the UK’s leading guide to Law Firms, as 11 of our practise areas have been ranked Top Tier.
What we can offer
Our culture is open, diverse and inclusive; it’s an environment of belonging, where people can thrive and be the best version of themselves. We strive to nurture our people and offer enjoyable, fulfilling and sustainable careers. This includes providing the best training, great pay and rewards and more control over work life balance through flexible working patterns.
We also offer great benefits including 28 days annual leave, private medical insurance, income protection, life assurance and a generous pension scheme. For most of our roles we are also offering a hybrid or flexible way of working.