LEGAL COUNSEL (RIGHTS OUT)
EXCITING WORLDWIDE MEDIA PRODUCTION AND DISTRIBUTION GROUP
Our client is a global production company, specialising in the distribution of many exciting television programmes and formats.
We are looking for a media lawyer to support the business as they grow.
Spanning all aspects of international activities such as digital, sales (including co-productions), and content acquisition, the legal and business affairs team are also key partners in formats and financing. Whilst this full-time role has intended flexibility to enable support of all areas of activity, there is a particular focus on sales (whether digital, TV, format or ancillary)). As our client meets the growing demand globally for content from both broadcasters and digital platforms, their sales are growing rapidly.
Reporting to and working closely with two Senior Counsel responsible for sales primarily, you will also broadly support the whole of the legal and business affairs team.
* Closely working with Sales team to give them commercial and legal advice.
* Negotiating, drafting and reviewing:
* Licence agreements for exploitation of TV, format, digital and ancillary rights in the international and UK markets.
* Ad-hoc letters and agreements including amending agreements.
* Commercial and Legal advice to internal stakeholders on negotiations to resolve issues quickly, minimise risk, and maximise opportunities for the business.
We welcome applications from either qualified lawyers (2-5PQE) and candidates qualified by experience.
* Previous experience in a business affairs role in the media industry (production or distribution preferable), or in IP licensing.
* Experience and an understanding of contract law, copyright law, licensing and/or distribution.
* Legal analysis experience, including drafting, reviewing and negotiating agreements.
* Working to deadlines and delivering high-volume workloads.
This is fantastic opportunity to join an amazingly creative production company with a very supportive and tight-knit workplace culture, with an excellent work-life balance on offer.