Salary: Equity Bonus
As General counsel, you will be responsible for:
- Ownership of the legal function of the business and all responsibilities associated.
- Developing the strategy of the legal team and building the team further, including additional resource and upskill the existing team.
- Ensuring the legal function is ready to respond to regulatory change that can affect the business, with implementation of these changes following.
- Managing and leading the business change from a legal perspective as the company expands into new product offerings and territories.
- Overseeing key relationships with external parties including regulators, external counsel and clients.
- Thinking commercially and being able to deal with multiple matters simultaneously across multiple practice areas including Commercial, Corporate, Data Protection, Employment and Financial Regulatory.
The successful candidate must be:
- An experienced, qualified lawyer, ideally with in-house experience in a Fintech or financial services business, or via a secondment or permanent position.
- Able to lead and upskill an in-house legal team, developing the strategy and making business-critical decisions.
- Proven ability to anticipate legal risks and decisions and react decisively to regulatory changes.
- Experience in bringing through new product offerings.
- Ideally an interest in innovative technologies and an understanding of the Crypto markets.
On offer for the successful candidate is the following:
- Very competitive salary in line with General Counsel positions.
- Equity and Bonus package.
- Hybrid/remote working pattern to suit yours and the businesses needs.
- Flexible working to work anywhere in the world.