LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS EXECUTIVE - GLOBAL DISTRIBUTION
LEADING TV COMPANY
LONDON / HYBRID
Our client is a leading creator, producer and distributor of high quality programmes, entertaining millions of people on multiple platforms globally.
We are looking for a Legal and Business Affairs Executive to join the Global Distribution team, providing legal and business affairs support on a range of contracts and commercial deals, including sales, licensing and distribution relating to scripted and non-scripted programmes, primarily in EMEA.
The role is based in London but with remote / hybrid working optional.
* Reviewing, drafting, negotiating and executing licence agreements for sales of programmes in various territories throughout EMEA.
* Preparing and executing amendments to existing licence agreements.
* Developing and establishing relationships with customers in sales territories and the relevant sales executives.
* Undertaking related enquiries and research, including rights issues, programme information, materials availability.
* Attending departmental and inter-departmental meetings to discuss departmental and company objectives, commercial issues and sales tracking, administrative issues and legal issues relating to the company.
The successful candidate will have a background in either TV or film licensing, commercial contracts and/or intellectual property. Candidates with music experience will also be welcome to apply.
You will have a law degree or equivalent qualification and significant experience of drafting commercial contracts and concluding deals successfully and quickly.
We are looking for a team player and effective communicator, with the ability to multitask and prioritise a varied workload. You will be able to resolve problems under pressure and make accurate assessments of critical issues.
An understanding of the breakdown of rights in TV or films and previous in-house experience would be an advantage.