About your new role
Our Healthcare team is a vibrant specialist department. We provide advice on all aspects of healthcare law, including clinical negligence, patient safety, consent to treatment, human rights, child law and mental health. The ethos of the team is to work hard for our clients so that we secure the right outcome for them. In so doing we improve our technical skills and enhance our ability to meet the clients’ needs as they evolve. The healthcare sector is fast moving and the challenge of working for our clients provides very interesting work. The successful candidate will be highly motivated to develop their own and our teams’ practices. We provide a supportive environment in which to work
As an Administration Assistant you will be report to your Support Team Manager/ Team Manager and you will play an integral role in the efficient running of the team. You will assist the case handlers in the team by carrying out general case and file management duties, including tasks such as:
- Inputting data onto electronic databases
- Sending post out of the office
- Undertaking outbound telephone calls (under case handler supervision)
- Taking meeting minutes
- Setting up IT equipment
- Monitoring virtual court hearings
- Filing of correspondence, documents and notes etc. on case files
- Maintaining the filing system of all case files
- Archiving files subject to the supervision of the appropriate case handler
- Assisting with printing, saving to case and copying of all documents and preparing correspondence
- Scanning and allocating post to case plans
- Copying, scanning and printing for case handlers
- Taking telephone messages for case handlers
- Assisting in preparation of document bundles
- Printing out various documents
- Opening new files including performing necessary checks and set up etc.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role. As an Administration Assistant you will also ensure you comply with relevant Weightmans and client policies and procedures, and consistently work in accordance with our values.
Ideally you will have previous experience of working in a similar role and in a similar environment but this is not essential. As the role is varied, we are looking for you to have a flexible approach to the work you do and be able to adapt to different tasks.
We are also looking for you to have:
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise
- Ability to work to strict deadlines and targets
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
If you meet our criteria and think this is a job you could bring enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Why work for us
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2021 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK.
The independent research showed "Weightmans provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation."
We are truly committed to fostering a culture of equality and diversity, where everyone in the firm is respected and recognised on merit for the work that they do.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustment at any stage of the application process.
Please feel free to note your preferred pronouns in your application.
Work for a firm where people matter – work for Weightmans.
As well as being immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people we offer a wide range of benefits including;
- 28 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
- Agile / working from home including provision of home office equipment*
- Healthcare cover/ Medicash
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance 4 x salary
- Interest free travel loan scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offers & discounts
- Great reward and recognition scheme
*there are a small number of roles that cannot be performed from home, your Recruitment Advisor can confirm.