Salary: Competitive Salary plus Benefits
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Paralegal into our Specialist Recovery team within our Liverpool office.
As a Paralegal you will be based in the Specialist Recovery Team handling all manner of subrogated insurance recovery claims including liability disputes, first party fraud, indemnity withdrawal, contribution claims and CPR 25 payments. Cases can be of any value.
Knowledge of the CPR, Debt Recovery Claims handling and drafting experience are all preferred but not essential. You will have the ability to work well within a team as well as on your own initiative, be confident liaising closely with more senior fee earners and clients, and to have strong organisational skills, you will also have excellent IT and telephone skills.
You will have the opportunity to work within a dedicated Specialist Recovery Team where you will:
- Action all cases in line with practice group/client service standards and protocols ensuring the monitoring and completion of MI as required;
- Assist in driving performance across the fee earning team.
- Use of the case management system and / or use of standard documentation wherever appropriate;
- Utilise negotiation and communication skills to proactively settle/ assist in the settlement of cases whilst further developing legal technical knowledge;
- Analyse risk and utilise commercial knowledge to develop sound judgement in order to justify decisions in the management of cases;
- Prioritise and organise work efficiently and effectively to ensure client service level agreements and deadlines are met;
- Understand the role in the context of the practice group and proactively seek to increase contribution via the allocation of work;
- Work flexibly in adjusting to changes in priority of workload as dictated by line manager;
- Interpret financial information to monitor your own performance against agreed targets ensuring there’s an ability to explain any differential;
It is desirable for candidates to have gained experience in use of a case management system.
Are you a dynamic and passionate Paralegal individual with recoveries experience gained within a busy and fast paced environment?
Then we would love to hear from you!!
Benefits package and flexible working:
We want you to feel valued and rewarded by your time at DWF. We understand the importance of offering you a reward package that goes beyond simply salary. That’s why, when you join DWF, you’ll be given a choice. You can pick from a range of benefits, allowing you to build a package that suits your needs and lifestyle, as well as those of your family. In addition to our standard benefits (medical insurance, life insurance, pension and 25 days annual leave), we offer flexible benefits which include season ticket loans, gym memberships, health assessments, cycle to work, retail vouchers, a buy as you earn share scheme. You will also have access to additional wellbeing programs such as an online GP and an Employee Assistance Programme.
We welcome applications from people looking for a flexible or [partly] agile role. We are happy to explore your preferred working patterns as part of your application.
DWF is a global legal business, providing integrated legal and business services to clients across multiple markets. In March 2019, we became the first Main Market premium listed legal business on the London Stock Exchange. We have over 31 key locations and over 4,000 people delivering services and solutions that go beyond expectations. By seamlessly combining any number of legal and business services we deliver bespoke solutions to our clients with greater efficiency, price certainty and transparency. Join us on our shared journey to redefine legal services and you'll find a professional life that stretches and redefines you too. At DWF we empower people to be themselves within an inclusive and supportive environment, enabling everyone to achieve their full potential in line with their abilities and career aspirations.
Supporting your application
Our recruitment process will comprise of interviews and, at times, a written exercise, an assessment day and/or a presentation. We want to make sure we do all we can to make this a positive experience for you. Please click the following link (https://www.cleartalents.com/apply/allroles/) which will take you through a simple process to identify any adjustments or additional support we can provide beforehand or on the day.
Note to recruitment agencies
We hire the majority of our talent directly by our resourcing team or via referrals. On occasion, we will look for external support and will release vacancies to our recently reviewed Preferred Suppliers List. Speculative CVs sent by other agents or outside of the agreed process will not be accepted and no recruitment fee will be applicable.