JOB TITLE: Assistant Company Secretary
PQE REQUIRED: 6+
LOCATION: London (Hybrid)
SALARY: Competitive + benefits
THE ROLE: We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Assistant Company Secretary to join our clients Corporate Governance team providing governance, legal and regulatory expertise to all of the companies within the Group.
Reporting into the Head of Governance, you will be responsible for:
• Providing legal expertise and advice to the Board, senior management and the wider business, on corporate governance matters including the Companies Act and other relevant regulations including in particular laws and regulations relevant to regulated insurance companies and intermediaries;
• Drafting board and board committee papers, minutes and resolutions;
• Providing company secretarial advice and support, including maintaining statutory records at Companies House, coordinating and filing reports and accounts (including related governance statements such as s.172 and the Wates Code), shareholder meetings, board papers, reviewing minutes and maintenance of follow up actions;
• Implementing and advising on corporate activities including disposals, acquisitions and corporate simplification; implementing and documenting intra-Group financial transactions, including dividend payments and loans;
• Where required, monitoring the work of the external share registrar and administering legacy staff share incentive plans including HRMC reporting, AGM proxy voting and dividend payments;
• Providing advice, guidance and processes in relation to a number of areas including UK Corporate Governance, conflicts of interest, market abuse, and miscellaneous legal and or regulatory matters;
• Implementing innovative ways to increase efficiency and service quality, including through the use of technology.
To be a success in this role, you will be a qualified chartered secretary with significant experience in an insurance or financial services organisation, as well as the following:
• Fellow or Associate of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (ICSA);
• Significant appropriate PQE experience with first class technical knowledge of the law and regulation relating to companies, corporate governance requirements and best practice;
• Knowledge of relevant statutory, regulatory and administrative requirements (including the Companies Act 2006, Solvency II, the Senior Managers and Certification Regime, the Modern Slavery Act 2015, Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, Directors Remuneration and Financial Accounts etc);
• Knowledge of corporate governance requirements under the UK Corporate Governance Code, Wates Code and best practice;
• Up-to-date knowledge of share plan legislation and regulations is desirable but not essential;
• Able to build relationships with and influence a range of stakeholders, including senior management and non-executive directors. Proven experience of working with registrars, law firms and auditors;
• Experience of collating, reviewing, authoring and publishing board papers electronically and writing high quality board minutes; and
• Good communication skills, both written and verbal and, in particular, the ability to write English to the highest standards of lucidity and grammatical accuracy.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you would like further information or would be interested to apply for this vacancy please contact Pasquale Agatiello at eNL on 020 7183 8586 or email email@example.com or contact us via LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/237102
eNL is handling a number of in-house vacancies throughout the London and South East region. If you are a Solicitor looking for a move, call now for a confidential discussion. As part of our candidate care process we aim to respond to all applications within 7 working days. If you have not been contacted within this timescale your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please go to https://www.enllegal.co.uk/register-with-us/ to register your interest for similar positions. Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide.
In addition, if you know any Solicitor’s that may be interested, remember we do offer up to £500 referral fee bonus (Terms and Conditions apply).