About your new role
- To provide support to the designated fee earners within the team by processing typing, managing clients and undertaking amounts of admin as appropriate
- To assist the rest of the team during busy times and at times of low staff numbers. This may consist of working for other fee earners or even for other teams
- To work closely with the support team manager and admin assistant to ensure the work is completed within the agreed service level agreements and to corporate standards
- Co-ordination of tasks for secretaries and administration assistants
Detailed duties and responsibilities
- Process all dictation received from the designated fee earners along with any work allocated by the support team manager
- Strive to become familiar with files’ progress with ability to extractlocate papers
- Create various correspondence and documents under direction
- Achieve and maintain a high level of accuracy
- Adhere to the service levels within the team and ensure work is completed within these levels at all times
- Liaise with the support team manager over any queries and problems
- Liaise with the admin assistant to effectively manage workload by identifying filing / copying / admin tasks to be undertaken
- Work in accordance with the Values of the Firm
- Be responsible for own professional development
- Make the support team manager aware of any capacity, particularly in respect of high priority work
- Deal with confidential client matters
- Provide assistance, where appropriate, in the billing process or archiving files
- Resolve minor IT problems and have proficient knowledge of Case Manager system
- Update and maintain key dates in the relevant diaries, as well as co-ordinating events and seminars
- Good interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Good numeracy and effective IT skills
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to manage and prioritise own workload
- IT skills including standard software packages and bespoke databases
- Work within policies and procedures
- Plan, monitor and evaluate work and take necessary corrective action, or identify issues that need to be escalated
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
You will have previous experience of working in a similar role and in a similar environment. As the role is varied, we are looking for you to have a flexible approach to the work you do and be able to adapt to different tasks. We are also looking for you to have:
- Extensive legal secretarial experience who is pro-active and works well in a fast paced environment
- Fast, accurate typist with good audio typing skills
- Ability to create and amend large, complicated documents (i.e automatic numbering, track changes etc)
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Good teamwork skills
If you meet our criteria and think this is a job you could bring enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Why work for us
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2021 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK.
The independent research showed "Weightmans provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation."
We are truly committed to fostering a culture of equality and diversity, where everyone in the firm is respected and recognised on merit for the work that they do.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustment at any stage of the application process.
Please feel free to note your preferred pronouns in your application.
Work for a firm where people matter – work for Weightmans.
As well as being immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people we offer a wide range of benefits including;
- 28 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
- Agile / working from home including provision of home office equipment*
- Healthcare cover/ Medicash
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance 4 x salary
- Interest free travel loan scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offers & discounts
- Great reward and recognition scheme
*there are a small number of roles that cannot be performed from home, your Recruitment Advisor can confirm.