Salary: £85 000-£150 000
Insurance/ Insolvency Senior Associate Role
My client specialises in complex, high-profile sizeable insurance matters and are looking for a senior associate with expertise in contentious insurance work for policyholder corporate clients and with expertise in, or the ability to advise clients on, non-contentious insurance matters. This role will involve:
* Taking instructions from the client and liaising throughout to build strong trusted relationships with the client and with colleagues in other teams.
* Issuing proceedings and thereafter running all interlocutory stages of proceedings including through to trial, showing attention to detail at all stages in the consideration and preparation of documents and evidence.
* Instructing, and liaising with witnesses, expert witnesses and counsel where appropriate.
* Attending court hearings (directions/trials).
* Working alongside colleagues on corporate and real estate transactions advising on all aspects of insurance law and practice in the context of those transactions.
* Review, advise on and negotiate insurance packages.
* A precise and concise approach to drafting in correspondence and evidence.
* Management of own workload with the ability to organise tasks on a day to day basis.
* Active participation in team training as well as self-development of related skills.
* Meeting personal time recording targets and assisting in the team's financial management.
The team have been involved at the heart of the W&I insurance market since its infancy and are consistently at the forefront of innovation in that sector, being one of the first to work on synthetic policies. They advise corporate clients on all aspects of W&I insurance in connection with their transactions. They often work with entrepreneurial clients to bring new and bespoke insurance products to market, including most recently in the areas of litigation funding and title insurance.
If you are interested in this role or would like to find out more about other Litigation vacancies in London, please apply today or call Catherine Knowles 02031512151.