BLA LEGAL CONSULTANT
MEDIA LAWYER - CONTENT ACQUISITION
3-4 MONTH CONTRACT
4 OR 5 DAYS
A great opportunity has arisen for a Media Lawyer to join a globally established Entertainment studio.
This role will support the Business and Legal affairs team and activities with a focus on:
* Negotiating and drafting content acquisition agreements
* Providing advice on financing documentation, rights clearance, compliance, and IP infringements
* Effectively managing priorities and ensuring deadlines and release dates are met
* Liaising both internally with all Studio's departments, including tax and finance, production, the royalties team, and externally with other studios, distributors and platforms
The ideal applicant will be a persuasive communicator and negotiator who:
* Has significant PQE experience within the media industry, either in house or in private practice
* Has a strong background in copyright and IP law
* Enjoys working in an ever changing and deal-based environment
* Has the ability to interact professionally at board level, as well as explicitly for non-legal colleagues
This is a unique opportunity for someone with a passion for entertainment media. Candidates need to be available at short notice for a 3-4 month contract. Our client can consider 4 or 5 days per week.