Salary: £75 000-£100 00
SENIOR CONTENT LAWYER, TELEVISION BUSINESS (SCRIPTED/NON-SCRIPTED)
This is a unique opportunity for a senior content lawyer to join a leading British programming and broadcasting company. As part of a high performing business and legal affair team, you will collaborate with dedicated colleagues to ensure that great TV is made.
You will be responsible for all commissioning and co-production matters for the business, covering both scripted and non-scripted TV programming.
Working within the Business and Legal Affairs team, your responsibilities include:
* Providing business and legal affairs support and advice
* Dealing with complex and fast-moving deals relating to the development, production, finance and distribution of content
* Negotiating both internal and external procedures, during the making, selling, and distributing processes
* Assisting with rights audits and non-transactional projects
* Proactively managing the team and mentor junior team members
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
You will contribute with your knowledge of:
* Broadcast and media regulations
* Scripted and non-scripted productions
* IP law, defamation law, contract law
You will be a confident communicator with the ability to develop creative solutions and successfully work across all business departments. You must be curious and passionate about the TV and media industry. This is a key role in the team, and you will work on some high profile programs.
Our client offers a vibrant workplace where employees are valued, and creativity and ambition are cherished.