Salary: £30 000-£60 000
BUSINESS AFFAIRS EXECUTIVE
TV PRODUCTION (NON-SCRIPTED)
LEADING TV COMPANY
LONDON / HYBRID
Our client is a leading television company delivering high quality content on multiple platforms globally.
We are looking to recruit a Business Affairs Executive as a key member of the Non-Scripted Business Affairs team. This role will support the Head of Business Affairs to provide legal and commercial advice and negotiate agreements for non-scripted output (e.g. agents, talent, contributors, service companies, broadcasters).
The successful candidate will work closely with production teams throughout the creative process, from development through to delivery.
Experience of working within a television production or broadcasting environment is preferable, but not essential.
* Negotiating a wide range of agreements including talent and contributor agreements, location agreements, access arrangements and deals with rights holders.
* Working closely with relevant production teams to advise on legal and business affairs implications.
* Providing general commercial and legal advice, particularly in relation to copyright, trademarks and clearance issues associated with productions and distribution.
* Liaising with other company legal teams and departments as appropriate.
* Handling contentious matters quickly and effectively, knowing when to refer them to the Head of Business Affairs.
The successful candidate will be a qualified lawyer or someone with substantial experience of complex negotiations in a television production or broadcasting environment.
You will have a good understanding of intellectual property rights and data protection / privacy issues.
Experience of negotiating and working in collaboration with global streaming services is preferable, but not essential.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with enthusiasm and the ability to grasp new areas quickly and to rise to the challenge.