SENIOR LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS EXECUTIVE
Our client is a leading independent global TV distributor, handling the exploitation of some of the nation's favourite scripted and non-scripted programming. Their catalogue encompasses a host of top tiles from both in-house production labels and third party producers, spanning drama, comedy, entertainment, factual, reality, family, formats and theatrical.
We are looking for a dynamic Legal & Business Affairs Executive to join the collaborative and experienced in-house legal team, servicing the acquisition and licensing for all forms of exploitation.
The role will report to the Head of Legal & Business Affairs and work alongside other Legal & Business Affairs Executives and Legal Counsels based in London. Flexible working will be considered.
* Drafting and negotiating acquisition agreements for content and other relevant commercial documents.
* Negotiating with licensees based on internal guidelines and approved deal memos.
* Drafting amendments and associated agreements.
* Developing templates.
* Being the lead for certain sales territories.
* Following up with clients regarding sales contracts and keeping sales VPs and SVPs updated on deal status.
The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of commercial and intellectual property law and relevant industry experience, including working with TV licence and format agreements, acquisition agreements, co-production agreements and distribution / production financing documentation.
You will have a good understanding of music collective licensing and experience of working with digital online platforms.
You will have the ability to prioritise and manage a significant contractual workload and will ideally have experience of tracking and rights databases.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced legal and business affairs executive to work within a collaborative, fun and creative environment.