Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Accountable to the Head of Service Delivery for service delivery within your Team, ensuring quality and value for Clients and profit for the Firm.
To lead and inspire everyone within the Team to create a high performance culture; to deliver financial targets and promote efficiency through process and continuous improvement.
To work collaboratively with other Team Managers to achieve the Department’s objectives and targets.
- To manage the team to deliver exceptional quality for clients – to include client satisfaction, quality of service and client retention.
- To work to agreed SLAs for all clients and ensure client work and billing is completed in accordance with them.
- To liaise with the Head of Service Delivery and Heads of Segments to support client relationship management.
- Report to Head of Service Delivery on performance against key client KPIs, demonstrating service delivery and value and provide information to Segment Heads and Client Partners as requested.
- To achieve agreed financial targets, including revenue and profitability measures.
- To improve the financial hygiene of the Team, including budgets, WIP and cash collection.
- To manage debt effectively and ensure a proactive approach to recovery is taken.
- To motivate and inspire people across the Team, maintaining a high level of internal visibility and leading by example.
- To ensure the Team is resourced appropriately with the right levels of expertise and capability to deliver service and value to clients, profitably; to manage capacity and utilisation.
- To ensure appropriate allocation of files to team members according to capacity and expertise and manage caseloads; to ensure effective technical supervision of work takes place.
- To lead others to promote a culture of high performance across the Team.
- To invest in the development of the people in the Team including career progression, succession and talent management.
- To lead by example, adhering to and promoting guiding principles and profile behaviours.
- To create a culture of continuous improvement, focused on value to clients and/or profit and process where relevant; to achieve efficiency targets.
- To ensure processes are developed and adhered to within the Team, implementing standard operating procedures as required.
- To represent your Team in relation to Springboard changes and work with the Business Change team to deliver business improvement projects (as required).
- To ensure accurate completion of MI.
- Promote knowledge management, product development and innovation.
- To ensure suitable technical supervision and manage risk.
- To report monthly to the Head of Service Delivery on performance against agreed KPIs.
Skills and Competencies
The following skills and competencies are associated with successful completion of the role. They are not necessarily prerequisites for appointment, but we will support the role holders to develop in these areas:
- Solid understanding of legal operations management.
- Strong financial management and ability to manage an area of the business profitably.
- Ability to lead and inspire and motivate others to deliver results and value to clients.
- Successful people management and development.
- Excellent influencing, negotiation and persuasion skills.
- A solid understanding of process/continuous improvement methodology or a willingness to learn and embrace.
- This role is envisaged as a partner, consultant or associate role; existing BCMs or Team Leaders who are not a partner, consultant or associate may also apply.
- Ability and willingness to manage people to their full potential in relation to overall performance and targets.
Team Managers will lead by example, demonstrating and promoting the following behaviours in achieving the role:
- Passion – engaged and committed to our firm, our clients and our people, enthusiastic about our business and our future.
- Ownership of the success of the entire Firm – putting the Firm first, doing what you say you will do, and holding each other accountable.
- Always exhibit core values – teamwork and respect, a commercial approach, clear decision-making, and constant improvement.
- Entrepreneurialism – commercial, strategic, open to change and always thinking of new ways to move the business forward – profitably.
- Understand own and the Firm’s markets – data rational, detail conscious and evaluative.
- Develop our people and self – a team builder and a team player.Leading, inspiring and motivating staff, encouraging excellence and continuous development in our people and self.
- Ambassador for the firm – externally and internally - promoting our brand, raising the Firm’s profile and making our people proud to be part of Weightmans.
This is a leading role within Legal Operations. Ordinarily, it cannot be undertaken alongside the following roles:
- Head of Client Segment (CR/T2)
- Sector Lead (CR/T3)
- Head of Service Delivery
- In addition, some combinations including e.g. patron client partner may be considered unworkable and these will be reviewed on a case by case basis.
- The post holder will retain a personal chargeable target, as agreed with the Head of Service Delivery.
Why work for us
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2021 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK.
The independent research showed "Weightmans provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation."
We are truly committed to fostering a culture of equality and diversity, where everyone in the firm is respected and recognised on merit for the work that they do.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustment at any stage of the application process.
Please feel free to note your preferred pronouns in your application.
Work for a firm where people matter – work for Weightmans.
As well as being immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people we offer a wide range of benefits including;
- 28 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
- Agile / working from home including provision of home office equipment*
- Healthcare cover/ Medicash
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance 4 x salary
- Interest free travel loan scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offers & discounts
- Great reward and recognition scheme
*there are a small number of roles that cannot be performed from home, your Recruitment Advisor can confirm.
- Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
- The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
- We are open to part time/job share applicants.