SENIOR BUSINESS AFFAIRS MANAGER, 4+ YRS PQE
MEDIA & ENTERTAINMENT / TV (NON-SCRIPTED)
LONDON / MANCHESTER / HYBRID
Our client is a TV production company making some of the UK's most innovative and popular shows, spanning a range of genres, including Current Affairs, Entertainment, Politics, Factual entertainment, Documentaries and Drama.
We are looking to recruit a Senior Business Affairs Manager as a key member of the Non-Scripted Business Affairs team, reporting to the Head of Business Affairs and working closely with production teams throughout the creative process, from development to delivery.
With offices in West London and Manchester, there is flexibility around location, with some remote-working also on offer.
* Negotiating a wide range of agreements (e.g. agents, talent, contributors, location, access arrangements and deals with rights holders).
* Supporting the Head of Business Affairs, providing advice and information.
* Liaising and working closely with production teams, regularly updating production colleagues and senior teams, advising on legal and business affairs implications.
* Providing general commercial and legal advice, particularly in relation to contributor care, data protection and privacy, copyright, trademarks and clearance issues associated with productions and distribution.
* Liaising with production teams and insurance departments, advising on likely risk in light of the budget, production schedule, delivery timetable and cashflow.
* Liaising with other parts of the organisation, including the Distribution, Rights and Talent Payment/Finance departments to ensure they are aware of any relevant issues related to programme content.
* Handling contentious matters quickly and effectively, knowing when to refer them.
You will be qualified lawyer, ideally with a minimum of 4 years PQE (or equivalent) and experience of complex negotiations in a TV production and/or broadcasting environment.
The successful candidate will have solid knowledge and experience of intellectual property rights and data protection. Good working knowledge of Ofcom Broadcasting Code is also a must.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced lawyer with the ability to grasp new areas quickly and rise to the challenge!