Our client is a global media content producer and distributor. They have an exciting opportunity for a Media/Distribution lawyer to join the UK team supporting the rights arm of the business which handles the exploitation of some of the best scripted and non-scripted brands in the industry spanning drama, comedy, entertainment, factual, reality and family.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a dynamic media lawyer to join the in-house legal team servicing the acquisition and licensing of rights across all commercial forms of exploitation.
Reporting to the Head of Legal & Business Affairs, responsibilities will include:
* Drafting and negotiating licensing and acquisition agreements
* Supporting the team on a variety of contractual matters relating to rights
* Negotiating with licensees based on internal guidelines
* Following up with clients and working closely with internal sales teams on deals
THE SUCCESSFUL INDIVIDUAL:
The successful applicant will ideally be an experienced Media or Distribution Lawyer with the following experience:
* Relevant industry experience including drafting television/VOD licensing agreements, acquisition of title and format licence agreements
* Ability to prioritise and manage significant volumes of contractual workload
* Knowledge of intellectual property law relevant to TV distribution and the protection of IP
* Working knowledge of music royalties
* Strong experience of contracting with digital online platforms
* Experience of rights management databases
Our client offers a fun, collaborative and flexible working environment.