About your new role
Our Casualty team provides a full, expert service in defending public (PL) and employers' liability (EL) claims, across the private sector and the public sector. Weightmans' team is second-to-none in providing defendant litigation services in these and other specialist Casualty areas. We operate on a national basis with dedicated commercial insurance and public sector teams and as part of our wider specialism we have a dedicated Casualty Fraud team.
We are currently recruiting for a Casualty Solicitor/Legal Executive 2 YRS+ PQE to join our Casualty Team.
Working in the dedicated Casualty Fraud team based out of Manchester with your own caseload of predominantly fast track claims (and/ or multi track depending on experience). We receive direct instructions from both insureds and insurers, as well as having a fraud identification system in place which drives internal referrals and advisory for a wide range of cases involving commercial, public sector and insurance clients nationally.
You will be responsible for the running of the day to day of your cases including liaising with clients, opponents, court, witnesses and undertaking your own liability investigations. We have a specialist team to undertake intelligence searches and any required counter fraud enquiries beyond any client’s own handling preference.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Predominantly PI including EL, PL and Highways
- Housing disrepair
- Property damage
- Complete MI procedures as and when required
- Achieve set financial and chargeable targets
- Ensure relevant deadlines, SLAs, quality measures and KPI’s are adhered to
- Comply with relevant policies and procedures
- Work in accordance with Weightmans’ values
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you will be expected to perform other duties and have other responsibilities that fall within the wider remit of the role.
- Previous experience at managing defendant EL/PL casualty claims is essential
- Previous experience at managing defendant EL/PL specific fraud claims is desirable
- 2YRS PQE+
- Genuine interest in claims validation and fraud
- Working knowledge of PL, EL and Highways Law
- Experience of handling own casualty caseload
- Good influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and team working skills
Why work for us
Weightmans is a Top 45 law firm with offices throughout the UK. Having been recognised as the leading legal employer at the annual Britain's Top Employers awards 2021 and achieved record rankings in Chambers UK.
The independent research showed "Weightmans provides exceptional employee conditions, nurtures and develops talent throughout all levels of the organisation."
We are truly committed to fostering a culture of equality and diversity, where everyone in the firm is respected and recognised on merit for the work that they do.
We strongly encourage applications from people of all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations and disabilities. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustment at any stage of the application process.
Please feel free to note your preferred pronouns in your application.
Work for a firm where people matter – work for Weightmans.
As well as being immensely proud of the work we carry out for our clients and the culture we provide to our people we offer a wide range of benefits including;
- 28 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays (pro-rated for part time)
- Agile / working from home including provision of home office equipment*
- Healthcare cover/ Medicash
- Pension plan
- Life Insurance 4 x salary
- Interest free travel loan scheme
- Employee Assistance Programme including counselling, legal and consumer advice service
- Discounted gym membership
- Discounted dental scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Offers & discounts
- Great reward and recognition scheme
*There are a small number of roles that cannot be performed from home, your Recruitment Advisor can confirm.
- Any reference to experience or PQE in our adverts or job descriptions is to be used as a guideline only. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds and with different levels of experience who can demonstrate that they fulfil the requirements of the role.
- The successful candidate appointed to this role will be subject to our standard background checking process, and any offer of employment made is conditional upon successful completion of those checks. Further details can be obtained from the Recruitment team.
- We are open to part time/job share applicants.