Salary: £100000 - £120000 per annum
My client are a growing specialist Insurer with several UK offices, both in and outside of London (this role can be based in any of them). They operate a hybrid working model, with a good degree of flexibility around work locations (office/home).
As their first General Counsel, this is an extremely important hire for the organisation, and one that will involve establishing a high-calibre legal function, providing a full range of Legal support to the entire organisation. You will be a key advisor to the Exec team, as well as building relationships with key stakeholders across the organisation. You will responsible for:
* Corporate transactions and restructures
* Monitor and implement regulatory and compliance changes and requirements
* Corporate governance and Company Secretarial responsibilities
* Lead the legal and compliance team
* Provide support to Underwriting and Claims teams
You will be an experienced, UK qualified Lawyer, with significant exposure to the UK Insurance market. You will have in depth knowledge of the Insurance market, with broad experience across Corporate, commercial, regulatory and governance.