Salary: £75 000-£85 000
INSURANCE EEXPERIENCE HELPFUL
3+ YEARS PQE
Our client is challenging the status quo and responding to changing customer demand.
We are searching for a lawyer with technology and insurance experience to join this growing Operations and Consumer products team.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a first class in-house legal team providing legal advice to industry leading commercial and technology teams and providing valuable support for potential new business opportunities.
* Advise on legal and commercial risks, potential impacts, and propose business-focused solutions
* Negotiate and draft commercial deals autonomously, including agreements relating to technology and general insurance
* Support and advise the business on a range of issues affecting consumer products including product compliance, environmental compliance, intellectual property, and software licensing
* Present legal concepts in an easy to digest manner that aids decision-making
* Establish relationships with your commercial and legal colleagues and the wider businesses
* Assist in instructing, supervising the work of and liaising with external counsel and managed legal service providers
* Report progress regularly to enable the effective delivery of the legal team's objectives
* You will be a qualified lawyer with strong academics with practical experience in private practice or in an in-house team - PQE of +/-3 years
* Specialist knowledge of commercial contracts, in particular: Technology contracts for the licence and supply of software, hardware and services, general insurance contracts, understanding of IP licensing, data protection, outsourcing and general insurance
* Confident and able to lead/manage deals
* Proactive and positive and enjoy working in a collegiate way
* Ability to work under pressure, to tight time scales and manage expectations
* Commercial outlook