SENIOR LEGAL & BUSINESS AFFAIRS EXECUTIVE
LEADING TV COMPANY
LONDON / HYBRID
Our client is a leading creator, producer and distributor of high quality programmes, entertaining millions of people on multiple platforms globally.
We are looking for a senior lawyer to join the Global Distribution team, providing legal and business affairs support on all contracts and commercial deals with internal and external content suppliers, producers and co-producers in relation to the acquisition of distribution rights ('rights-in').
The content acquired will cover a broad range of genres from high-end drama, comedy, reality/entertainment, gameshows, documentaries and natural history.
The role reports to the Head of Legal & Business Affairs, Global Distribution and will have line management responsibility for LBA colleagues.
It is based in West London but with hybrid working optional.
* Acting as main legal contact for the Global Content acquisition team.
* Creating and managing processes, systems, workflows and a framework for deals that are competitive, agile and adhere to corporate values as well as liaising between external and internal stakeholders locally and internationally.
* Drafting, advising on and negotiating agreements for the acquisition of distribution rights in scripted and non-scripted programmes from internal and third party producers in the UK and internationally.
* Acting as line manager to support LBA lawyers and business affairs executives and develop a collaborative, constructive and high performing team.
* Advising on all aspects of rights and business affairs including rights management and licensing, chain of title, music issues, digital media, legal risks, policy and compliance issues.
* Collaborating with other LBA teams, compliance, finance, sales, regulatory, marketing, press and publicity.
You will be a qualified lawyer (5+ years PQE) with extensive legal and business affairs experience and an excellent understanding and experience of drafting both sales and acquisition contracts (both rights-in and rights-out) for television programmes. The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of TV/digital rights, windows, holdbacks and technologies.
You will be a commercially minded lawyer with experience of working in a busy, deadline driven environment, managing a high volume of deals, who is willing to support and develop others.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a flexible and enthusiastic collaborator and creative problem solver with a 'can do' attitude.