Salary: £80 000 plus benefits
We are working with a global 100 firm with a long-standing reputation for delivering high-quality legal advice rooted in a deep understanding of the sectors in which they operate. The firm regularly appears in Tier 1 of the Legal 500 for its work in a multitude of sectors.
The firms’ Technology Media & Telecommunications (TMT) practice works with clients on cutting edge developments in technology and communications, undertaking Award-Winning work.
Role and Responsibilities
- You will be advising on a full range of data privacy matters, including regulatory compliance, privacy impact assessments, data subject requests, contract negotiation, GDPR compliance programs and international data flows.
- You will be assisting with data protection in a contractual/transactional context IT contracts, services agreements, complex international transfers of data both intra-group and between third parties, data licensing and data sharing agreements, online terms.
- You will be spending a proportion of time will be spent on reviewing, drafting and negotiation; this may include an element of IT/commercial drafting more generally, but with the focus being primarily on data protection and privacy work.
- You will be expected to supervise junior fee earners and leading on matters with clients, helping to build relationships with clients and wider teams within the firm.
What you will bring to the table:
- At least 4 years’ qualified experience at a reputable regional, national or City firm and be able to demonstrate a strong track record.
- Demonstrate a strong client orientated approach, exceptional team skills and a can-do attitude.
- Have previous hands-on experience of advising on data protection projects, including experience of advising on GDPR/ UK GDPR on international data transfers, drafting privacy notices, negotiating, and drafting data processor agreements and advising on marketing and e-Privacy issues.
- Have solid presentation and client handling skills and be commercially astute (take an active part in business development for the firm).
What's on the table for you:
- A competitive salary of up to £80,000.
- Medical insurance.
- Dental insurance.
- Hybrid working model.
- Flexible hours.
- Plus, other flexible benefits.
How to Apply
- Click the ‘Apply Now’ button and send in your CV for a discussion with the team about the role or send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
QC Legal is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace, very much setting the industry benchmark, leading from the front and by example.